Players have basic stats, which are: strength, agility, dexterity, education and will. These will be used for the basic formulas: the higher your strength, the more damage in battle for example.
- Strength: obvious. Everything from battle damage to how hard you can hit a pick axe. Also, health points are based on this, strong guy can take lots of hits.
- Agility: speed and reflexes, and everything around. This will help decide how fast you can run or how well you can hunt a deer for example. Stamina is based on this.
- Dexterity: fine motor skills. Everything technique related, such as rapier fighting or knitting a sweater is based on this.
- Education: education or schooling of the character. Good for all technical jobs, such as healing and alchemy.
- Will: will come into player later. This is the strength of mind and it decides part of HP and Stamina as well as helping with magic.
There are two sorts of skills: melee skills and crafting skills:
- The melee skills are general categories of weapons; each one has a stat as a parent. An example would be blades (dexterity) or blunts (strength). Growth rate is decided by the stat. So blades level up faster depending on your dexterity power.
- Crafting skills are just the main list of crafts, such as mining, farming and hunting. These skillsí level is just an average of its secondary skills.
These skills have secondary skills.
- Secondary melee skills are actual weapon groups, such as rapiers, swords and sabres for blades. Growth rate is dependant on the primary skill.
- Secondary crafting skills are the different steps for a craft. Tailoring would be split up into spinning, weaving and sewing for example. Each secondary is based upon a stat, grow rate is governed solely by this stat. Sewing is based on dexterity, while spinning would be education.